The transportation supply chain analyst role is critical to driving specific, focused improvement in transportation and warehousing solutions. This role will support Smart Infrastructure (SI) Product Systems and Sales (PSS) but will be required to collaborate with other business units, locations, divisions and cross-functional partners.
Our metrics compilation and analysis will also be a key component of driving continuous improvement across all divisions. This is an active role to support the business to achieve a high standard of effectiveness and create end to end business solutions from the data to enable better logistics decisions.
• Participate & support cross functional projects & teams across the supply chain network
• Analyze end-to-end supply chain processes including logistics cost, quality, and performance
• Develop understanding of business needs and define actions to ensure requirements are met
• Analyze historical performance data of transportation suppliers in order to provide input for business decisions.
• Develop analytical tools and reports (e.g., rate comparison, lane analyze, contract compliance, performance, quality defects, etc.) in order to manage the carriers and ensure contract compliance.
• Analyze performance data in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
• Develop standards/specifications for quality, delivery time, and lead-time for shipments in order to ensure on-time arrival of product to customers.
• Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
• Monitor and lead ongoing operational quarterly business reviews with carriers & 3PL’s in order to ensure continuity and quality of service to our customers.
• Evaluate and measure performance of external service providers (e.g., distributors, third party logistics providers) using applicable performance metrics in order to ensure quality, service, efficiency, and delivery to specifications as set forth in agreements.
• Conduct stewardship or supplier/carrier management meetings in order to review performance and develop corrective action plans.
• Maintain routing table in SAP system to support carrier planned routes in the system for the manufacturing and distribution locations in order to comply with current transportation standards, etc.
• Identify and recommend improvements to supply chain metrics and performance standards using research, analytical skills knowledge and best practices in order to secure benefits for the system, (e.g., cost savings, new technologies and innovations, operating efficiencies).
• Report project plans, progress, and results to SI management teams
• Problem Solving / Analysis - identify root causes and generate technical solutions to support business decisions
• Project Management – ability to manage and lead projects; formal training and previous experience of other PM roles is not required but a plus
• Written & Oral Communication – ability to digest inputs and re-craft information in ways that others can clearly understand
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge/Skills:
1. Supply Chain Logistics, Engineering, or Business Administration 4-year degree required
2. Minimum of 3 to 6 years’ experience working in Supply Chain/Logistics, and project management preferred.
3. Transportation/Warehouse experience preferred but not required.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office suites, specifically, an expert in Excel or similar software
5. Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package and schedule
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Successful track record of demonstrated leadership abilities, and resolving conflict that promotes positive collaboration
8. Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- APICS (CSCP/CPIM) Certification
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
- SAP or related ERP system
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 190323
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.