We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Prepare monthly financial packages with visualizations to effectively communicate financially driven Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Senior Management and other Corporate departments.
- Variance analysis of financial results against historical trends, budgets, and forecasts to provide value-added commentary (eg. business trends & opportunities, gaps, warning signals) to assist decision making.
- Develop financial reports with sensitivity analysis to highlight impacts of different scenarios.
- Support and co-ordinate the consolidation and reporting of forecasts and budgets from business units.
- Monitor and support monthly closing and reporting deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes in data collection, consolidation and reporting.
- Perform reconciliations to ensure data integrity of financial systems and accuracy of financial reports.
- Support ad-hoc analysis, reports, and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for co-ordination and governance of all Corporate Finance assurance requirements under the Risk and Internal Control methodology
- Provide support to Corporate Finance managers to ensure that financial internal controls are appropriately identified and effectively designed to mitigate risks.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of financial internal controls reviews such as conducting process walkthroughs, monitoring of control tests, deficiencies and remediation activities.
- Identify opportunities and develop recommendations for process improvements and standardization to enhance operational effectiveness.
- University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in financial analysis, reporting, and/or internal controls.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analytical skills, and reasoning to identify key risk factors and drivers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- High proficiency in SAP and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Think-Cell).
- Strong aptitude in utilizing Business Intelligence (BI) and/or IT tools/databases to analysis large amounts of data from different sources.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of financial data and complex processes and summarize it to present meaningful information to senior management.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 190326
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.