Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Senior Engineering Manager, R&D; the Intermediate Product Development Engineer is responsible for development of new diagnostic products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key contributor to all stages of product development from concept generation through detailed design, prototyping, test and DFx evaluation (x = mouldability, manufacturability, assembly, interchangeability, test, reliability, etc.).
- Able to present and evaluate alternative designs and recommend optimal solutions to the project team, then follow up to execute and drive *design - prototype - test- development cycles.
- Design control documentation in a regulated environment for: input requirements, drawings, specifications, process instructions, verification test protocols and reports, technical reports, design review packages, etc.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing.
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
- Reports directly to the Sr. Engineering Manager, R&D.
- Regular interaction with engineers, technicians, and operators in Epocal.
- Perform process, product, equipment, and component validations and verifications for new product introductions
- Participate in a diverse, cross-functional team
- Positive *can do- attitude toward challenging problems
- Flexibility to respond to a changing environment
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manual Dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sitting, standing, walking
- Occasional kneeling and crouching
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- 5 - 8 years of relevant industrial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Biomechanical Engineering, or related discipline and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- Strong technical skills to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams to improve product design and optimize performance, customer experience, manufacturability, cost and simplicity
- CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Hands-On troubleshooting and root cause investigation skills are an asset
- Preferred areas of experience: microfluidics, plastic injection molding, assembly processes, tolerance analysis, structural analysis, seal design, assembly and test fixture design, NPI
Job ID: 190330
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.