Siemens is seeking an Electronics Installer to perform the installation of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with automatic building control systems in the Alaska market
• May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
• Installs or assist with the installation of associated conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices.
• Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
• Performs interlock wiring as required.
• Performs wiring checks.
• Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
• Disconnects and dismantles electric/electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
• Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
• Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers.
• Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings.
• Must be able to work independently
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
• Required experience: 2+ years Electrical and electronic installation experience or expertise.
• Must possess a current Electrical Journeyman fitness card with the state of Alaska Department of Labor
• Required travel: up to 50%
• Other requirements:
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
• Must be able to use hand-tools.
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 190332
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.