- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Perform analysis of a fidelity appropriate to the problem
- Specify and interpret test results to reduce modelling uncertainty
- Provide timely and constructive project recommendations based on analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member or eligible to become member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Basic knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Ability to communicate complex findings in a clear manner
- Mechanical simulation capability, including ability to analyse non-linear structures, contact mechanics, non-linear material behaviour and fatigue crack propagation
- Meshing of complex structures
- Heat transfer fundamental knowledge
- Problem solving and logical thinking to obtain convergence of complex models
- Awareness of material mechanical behaviour, including plasticity and high temperature mechanics such as creep and phase change
- Knowledge of a commercial Finite Element Analysis system for structural and thermal modelling
- Experience in gas turbine analysis is an asset
- Experience of Rolls-Royce finite element analysis codes is an asset
- Experience of Siemens NX Advanced Simulation and NX Design is an asset
- Experience of 3DS Abaqus is an asset
- Experience with application of optimisation tools, particularly 3DS Isight, is an asset
Job ID: 190371
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.