We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The Product Manager Fire Safety Detection will be a member of the global product management team within the Fire Safety business segment of Siemens Smart Infrastructure, helping to drive the segment’s vision, strategy and execution. Furthermore, managing the digitalization of the fire safety industry with innovative products and services.
As a Product Manager for the European Fire Detection portfolio, you will work with cross-functional teams covering a wide range of tasks and activities directly related to planning, management and maintenance of the product life cycle. This position requires interaction with manufacturing, sales, regions, and other stakeholders. To be successful you need to be self-motivated, energetic, well-organized and confident when challenging the status quo.
Your new responsibilities
- Owning a comprehensive, business-important fire detection portfolio for the European marketDetails
- Managing business performance, growth, profitability and emerging opportunities of your portfolio
- Be the expert in regard to our competition, customers and the overall market. Optimize your portfolio accordingly
- Manage the product life cycle of your portfolio in a proactive way
- Align the product strategy with our overall business direction
- Be an entrepreneur, take the lead and clear ownership to drive ideas from inception to successful implementation, contribute in shaping the future of our offering
- Support the management in strategic decisions to drive the future of our business, especially in terms of the ongoing digitalization of our industry
Your skills and experience
- Degree or Master’s in Engineering or a comparable qualification with a solid commercial exposure
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience allows you to create impact and shape the business in this important role. We look for a promising yet not too senior personality with a high long-term commitment
- Experience within the Fire Safety Industry or from a comparable field would be very helpful and give you an edge
- Strong methodological skills with ability to independently structure and drive complex topics paired with an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, also the willingness to go the extra mile
- A good grasp of large international matrix companies and their different mentalities among international customers and stakeholders
- Business fluent English is a must, speaking German is advantageous to thrive in our environment
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 190395
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time