Steam Turbine Blading Service Engineer
This position is in the Steam Turbine Blade Service engineering department and will be based in Orlando. The engineer in this position is a cognizant engineer who supports field issues related to bladepath components within the existing fleet of power generating steam turbines.
The primary responsibility is to support bladepath components, but this position will also contain flexibility to support other components as needed. The fleet is composed of Westinghouse, Allis Chalmers, Parsons, and Siemens, technology turbines. The scope of responsibility extends from response to issues raised by Field Engineers on individual turbines, identification of fleet wide issues, engineering studies, issuance of new blade Material Masters and Performance Maintenance R&D.
- Design support for steam turbine rotating and stationary bladepath components
- Assessment of condition of blading as reported in PCM's and determination of corrective action recommendations.
- Release of unit specific COE blade orders
- Lead failure analysis (RCA, Investigation) on blading.
- Calculation of blade stress and vibration characteristics.
- Lead PM R&D programs to improve analysis methods.
- Develop methodologies to support risk options.
- Development of repair methods and designs
- Development of repair solutions site issues
- Development and release of all product definition documents including graphics, bill of materials, and product manufacture process requirements.
- Support field service and customer in forced outage recovery programs and root cause investigations
- Evaluation of bladepath components for engineering studies such as uprating and repowering investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of engineering experience with rotating equipment
- You should be able to interface directly with customers, field, factory personnel, and management with relative ease.
- You must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You possess the natural ability to make quick, informed decisions on a regular basis.
- You are comfortable conducting technical presentations to customers and management.
- You can manage multiple projects and deadlines efficiently.
- You can work independently with minimal guidance or direction.
- Travel potential of 5-10%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- If you have design experience with finite element analysis, then you will move to the front of the line.
- Design experience with strength of materials, structural analysis and machine design is highly desired.
- Those with design experience with heat transfer, mechanical vibrations will be placed on the top of the list.
- Familiarity with steam turbine products, or repair methods for major equipment a plus
- Field experience is highly preferred.
- Steam turbine blade related work experience is desired.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 190480
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.