Service Technician / Support Specialist - New Construction
This position is for those who like to work and win daily in a Smart Technology Building controls construction environment.
Summary of the position:
- Safely perform checkout, startup and Commissioning of Siemens DDC control systems
- Work well with others; take ownership, team player, think and work on your feet, integrity
- Report to Site Engineering Team Leader and take direction from mentor, lead Tech and project manager
- Perform commissioning and start-up of new HVAC DDC control systems
- Document commissioning; communicate deficiencies and progress
- Plan work with Mentor, lead Tech and Team Leader
- Be able to work alone and is responsible for work expectations
- Complete start-up and commissioning tasks within planned estimate
- Provide documents to engineering for as-built drawings along with requested paperwork.
- Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence
- Assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure
- Supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations
- Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces
- Supports the confirmation of proper network performance
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed
- Work with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed
- Complete all training in a timely manner
- Travel 20% within Midwest zone
- Submit accurate time keeping and expenses weekly
- Work overtime when needed
- Change with company direction
- Good work ethic
- Work safe, drive safe
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma or state-recognized GED required.
- Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) along with user PC/software skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Understanding of business operations
- Good detailed verbal and written communication skills
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- HVAC/Automation Controls Degree, Tech School or hands on experience in automation building controls
- Networking Ethernet skills
- PC skills, Windows, office and communication applications
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred
- Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred
- Working engineering and programming background preferred
Job ID: 190498
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.