Siemens is looking for a Sr. Automation Design Engineer to join our team in Panama City Beach, FL
Uses company tools and operating protocols to design advance and / or complex building automation, fire alarm and/or security systems in new and existing facilities. Oversee and provide technical guidance on providing the most cost effective solutions to meet project specifications.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk- throughs for complex or larger projects.
- Designs systems for complex or larger facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, valve and damper schedules layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Oversees the process of material selection and products.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs Quality Assurance of peer review for engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Team.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of successful experience in engineering/systems with demonstrated competence in principal duties.
- EIT, PE, ASHRE, NICET or CISSP certifications may be required.
- NICET Level IV required for Fire Engineers.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, fire or security system, and business operations required.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate at several levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 190518
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.