Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) to be responsible for all commercial aspects related to a customer contract (“Project”) starting with the sales phase up to the end of the complete project execution phase. The CPM is fully responsible for financial and commercial management (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project execution phase. This encompasses sales controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting. The primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers, Project Managers/ Engineers, Procurement, Legal Department, Operational Review, other Commercial Project Managers, Head of local Finance & Business Administration, internal and external Auditors, and central Financial Services. This position is located in our Canton, MA office.
- Ensure proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, export control, signature authorities.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (division specific).
- Support the responsible Project Manager on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Constantly assess risks and opportunity and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the project manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Managers to ensure Project Quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals
(Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.). Ensure quality on all commercial and administrational project quality policies as per PM@Siemens and Siemens guidelines.
- Support Project Managers in timely issuing invoices with strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by timely involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
- Influence team to take positive action and accountability for the assigned work.
• BS/BA Degree in Accounting or related academic field. CPA certificate or Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a directly related industry (such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security Systems, Energy Savings, ESPC, Construction, Elevator) in a similar position such as Commercial Project Manager (Project Controller or Contract Administrator or equivalent), although we prefer someone with 5+ years experience. Candidates who are Siemens internal employees in a similar function will also be considered.
• Must be willing and available to travel throughout the Northeast Zone 20%.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 190520
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.