The main objective of the QA Technician role is to provide in-process and final inspection of CTQ dimensional measurements, and parameters utilizing standard and special gauging. You must have MT and PT classroom training with certificate in order to apply for the Quality Technician Role. This role will support Gas Turbine Components & Assemblies.
- · The Candidate will be performing in process and final inspection of New App and Service - Gas Turbine Components and Assemblies prior to shipping out to our customers. They will be inspecting parts to ensure compliance with Engineering drawings and specifications.
- · The main objective of the QA Technician role is to provide in-process and final inspection of CTQ dimensional measurements, and parameters utilizing standard and special gauging, Certified Level II NDE (VT, MT, & PT) requirements to specification and drawing. Validate documentation compliance and approving in OIL. This can include scanning and uploading validated documentation into SAP or the QN. Confirming operations as complete in both Oil and SAP. You will be responsible to create, verify work/rework, and close quality notifications.
- · This specific Quality Technician role will support Gas Turbine Manufacturing.
- · Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- · High School Diploma or equivalent
- · Must have class room certificate in MT,and PT. Class room certificate in VT would be considered a plus. Must be able to acquired and maintain Level II certification in VT, MT & PT within a limited time frame specified by procedure to remain in the role.
- · 2 years of quality assurance experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- · Knowledge of standard gauging and specialty gauging such as Micrometers (ID/OD, calipers, tri-mic’s, finish gauges, weld gauges, thickness gauge etc.)
- · Ability to read and understand drawings, blue-prints, process specification, standard operating procedures, manufacturing instructions etc.
- · Experience using SAP.
- · Ability to conduct in-process and final inspection audits and be able to present results to management.
- · Completion of MT and PT classroom training with certificate in order to apply for the Quality Technician Role. To maintain the quality inspection role, you must become level II certified in VT, PT and MT. Job will be filled based on Qualification and not seniority. Interview will be required.
- · Must be proficient with gauging (i.e. ID/OD mic’s, depth mic, caliper’s, no-go/go gauges, tri-mic’s, thickness gauges, weld gauges, etc.). Be willing to learn specialty gauging such as faro-arm, laser tracker, white/blue light scanning, etc.
- · Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- · Have excellent communication skills verbally and written.
- · Incumbent will need to be flexible and support where needed to ensure manufacturing productivity and efficiencies.
- · Work and collaborate with COC supervisors, engineers (ME, MAS & Quality), managers and technical managers as required on product specific to that COC.
- · Be able to document dimensional results, NDE finding precisely and accurately.
- · Be able to validate paperwork submitted by manufacturing carefully, accurately and communicate any out of specification condition followed by a quality hold or QN as warranted.
- · Be willing to work overtime both daily and weekends as required.
- · Be willing to participate in continuous improvement activities, workshops and events as necessary.
- · Any other task that management may deem necessary to ensure productivity and takt adherence.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Bachelors Degree.
- · Experience in oil industry
- · Cross training in MHG, new app and service will be required.
- IL, email etc
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 190528
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.