The highly technical Security Technician will work with a team of technicians in the field to complete all types of service generated tickets, complete small service-oriented projects and complete preventative maintenance tasks (PMs). Extensive experience with troubleshooting access/video platforms as well as other field issues.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Understand and respond appropriately to Scope of Work layouts.
• Work with the customer/contractors to collaborate on small projects
• Direct other technicians as well as work closely to complete work orders
• Terminate and program head-end panels (using Software House C-Cure9000).
• Knowledge of programming Network Video Recorders (using Milestone)
• Integrate access, video, and other related security functions.
• Troubleshoot challenges as they arise.
• Provide regular updates to the Service Supervisor and onsite client stakeholders
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
• Required experience:
• Integration of multiple security head-end platforms (including proficiency with Software House C-Cure9000 and Milestone specifically).
• Systems engineering, installation, start up, and commissioning.
• Ability to troubleshoot IT-related items and work with customer IT team.
• Analog and IP-based CCTV cameras, monitors, cabling (coaxial and UTP), power supplies (standalone and POE), matrix switchers, audio surveillance/monitoring integration, encoders/decoders (H.264, MPEG4, JPEG), DVR/NVRs, VRM (Video Recording Manager), storage arrays, VMS (Video Management Systems), and IP-based client viewer software.
• Access control panels, readers, door strikes, REX (request to exit) sensors, relay input/outputs, ATGs (Anti-Tailgate), access schedules, access users and groups, events, intrusion zones, and enrollment.
• Intrusion panels, keypads, PIR motion sensors, door contacts, panic hardware, zone configuration, user codes.
• Required travel:
• Travel to Client Sites located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area using company provided vehicle.
• Other requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Flexibility to work different shifts if needed.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
• Must be able to use hand-tools.
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Associate degree in Engineering, Technology, or other related technical field.
• Other preferences:
• Experience working with a team strongly preferred given the expectations of this role.
• C-Cure 9000 Advanced Certified
• Experience with Milestone
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 190562
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.