As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
We currently have an opportunity for a Junior Electrical Engineer to join our Smart Infrastructure team. Based in our Macquarie Park, Sydney offices, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has enormous market potential. Recent graduates or graduates with a few years of experience are encouraged to apply.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Detailed design of circuits for substation protection, control, communication, instrumentation and alarm schemes at voltages up to and including 500kV.
- Protection configuration of Siemens protection relays (Siprotec 4, Siprotec 5, Reyrolle relays)
- Configuration of communication protocols, IEC61850, DNP3, etc
- Writing Specifications and Philosophy documents of projects to satisfy customer requirements.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Control Engineering.
- Being self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative
- Knowledge of Power and Protection Systems (advantage)
- Full work rights in Australia
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time