Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
The Commercial Project
Manager has responsibility for all financial and commercial aspects related to
assigned projects in the Solutions Business Unit. The candidate will be a valuable
member of the Operation Center (OC), reporting to the OC Controller. The
Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is appointed by the OC Controller at or before
the award of each contract. In partnership with the Project Manager, the CPM is
responsible for the commercial, financial, and contractual aspects of project
execution. This includes monitoring cash flow, revenue, and margin development,
financial forecasting and reporting, and maintaining the project within SAP.
Responsibility will begin upon project handover from proposals, through
execution, and until handover to customer service for warranty.
- Responsible for multiple project budgets exceeding $20M
- Project order entry and maintenance
- Development and maintenance of detailed cash flow analysis for project
- Monthly review of project costs, cash, and revenue
- Processing of required letters of credit, guarantees, or insurance
- Work with Business to ensure hedges are obtained based upon SII guidelines
- Compliance with Siemens Financial and PM@Siemens guidelines
with Project Manager to ensure that:
* Order Intake Calculation is completed within 4-6 weeks of booking
* Monthly forecast and project review are completed timely and accurately
* Material requirements are entered into SAP
* Goods Receipts are processed upon proof of delivery
* Change orders are processed and entered into SAP
* Invoices are issued in line with cash flow projections
* Payments are received from the customer on time
* Compliance with THOP and SLA requirements is accomplished
* PCM’s are processed and correctly coded (NCC/PR/CC)
* Project is closed out in SAP upon completion
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
years of experience in similar role
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret contract language to ensure proper financial treatment
• Ability to successfully work in team environment
• Working knowledge of CCM and POC accounting and revenue recognition
• Strong attention to detail and ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information
• Strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and financial modeling skills
• Deep appreciation for sound finance processes and ability to identify, develop, and drive operational improvements
• Must have Intermediate skills in Excel to include (V-lookups, Pivot tables, Sum if Formulas)
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• 10% travel required
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous Commercial
Project Management and CPM Certification preferred
• Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of SAP, Financial and Contract management
Job ID: 190685
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.