Siemens Rail Automation is adding to their team and seeking to hire its next Supplier Quality Engineer. The mission for this role is to operatively establish, maintain and optimize a Quality Management System (QMS), including required certifications, according to the business requirements and Mobility directives. Consult the management regarding current and future quality/regulatory requirements and risks.
Drive together with Manufacturing management continuous improvement to reach world-class quality within Operations and direct professionally all quality employees that support production!
We are responsible for the overall functional success within the Rail Automation Operations Quality organization. You will demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the area handled and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. You should have an advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Ideally, you will have a detailed use of know-how to solve complex problems and demonstrate high professional judgement competence. You will be an idea generator for new and practical solutions, possibly changing existing approaches and having an impact on results in larger, matrixed organization. You should be well-established in external and internal networks within specialist field and actively sharing knowledge in a detailed way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
- Support design transfer of new production coming into the facility, including raw material specification development, supplier audits and supplier monitoring/qualification, and development of incoming inspection processes
- Collaborate with multiple functions across sites including Engineering, Manufacturing, Technical Operations, and Regulatory Compliance
- Lead the MRB process to resolve material non-conformances as required
- Write or revise necessary production-controlled documents as needed
- Participate as a manufacturing Domain Authority on any process change to assure that proper documentation, validations, and/or qualifications are performed
- Responsible for assuring accurate completion of process related quality notifications and tracking/reporting all tasks to assure completion. Serve as Quality Notification coordinator
- Participate in root cause investigations.
- Participate in Validation and CAPA Review Boards as required
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Able to support multiple facilities within supply chain
- Support procurement with qualifying, onboarding and or exiting suppliers.
- Manage the Production Part Approval (PPAP) and Product Specification review (PSR) programs.
- Schedule and conduct supplier audits.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred Bachelors Science –Engineering Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is helpful, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- 10 years’ experience in automotive, transportation or manufacturing industry with background in supplier quality. Knowledgeable of all industry regulations and requirements.
- Process Control Technology experience is helpful
- Statistical knowledge and Design of Experiments experience
- Strong procedure development/technical writing skills
- Value Stream Mapping/Lean experience is preferred
- Strong communications background, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate quality principles/ process knowledge, to include root cause analysis, structured problem solving, and continuous improvement methods.
- ASQC Certifications helpful
Other characteristics of the successful candidate:
- Very organized, detail-oriented
- Highly ambitious
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
- Able to work well independently, but also with personnel from different departments and experience levels
- Ability for potential international travel from time to time
- Ability to travel domestic or international up to 50%
- Must have knowledge with ISO 9001: 2015 and or TS 16949 standards
Job ID: 190687
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.