- Assists in routine Fire and Security drawings to suit engineering changes.
- Provides assistance in creating routine design layouts and detailed drawings of products.
- Assists in compiling materials and specification sheets.
- Assists with dimensions and annotates routine drawings
- Reviews comments and makes necessary correction for approval from Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Modifies AutoCAD drawings, sequences of operation, bills of materials and database to help generate quality engineering submittals. Creates and modifies graphics under the guidance of Design Engineers.
- Prepares AutoCAD drawings and modifies sequence of operations as directed by Project/Design engineers. Makes modifications to AutoCAD drawings as directed by Project/Design engineers.
- Extracts graphics from existing library database as shown by the Project/Design Engineers. Modifies and changes graphical layouts as described and laid out by engineers.
- Assembles engineered submittal booklets for contractors/customers including AutoCAD drawings, sequence of operations, bill of materials list, riser diagrams, etc.
- Provides copying support for the completion of booklets. Prepares project training manuals and owners manuals for on-site training to contractors and customers.
- Monitors department office supplies and re-orders items as required. Delivers and/or picks-up office supplies when required. Coordinates and attends department engineering meetings.
- Records meeting minutes. Maintains a submittal filing system, the AutoCAD filing system, and the engineering reference library. Contacts vendors to obtain updated information.
- Understanding of NFPA 72 and other Fire Alarm related codes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or 1-2 years of Vocational Technical Training.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 190695
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.