Addressing the evolving complexities of the energy landscape requires integrated energy ecosystems that span the entire value chain. Our Gas and Power Operating Company helps customers power the world in this time of change by leveraging existing technologies in different ways, developing new business models and technology systems, and employing cutting-edge data analytics.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Lead Project Engineer to join our Power Generation Services team based at our North Ryde offices. Reporting to the Head of
Operations, this challenging and rewarding role will manage an end to end workflow portfolio by leading the conceptual and basic design, detailed design, implementation, factory testing and commissioning of PCS7 and other Siemens’ automation systems. The role also requires sales and tendering support and project management skills with demonstrated team leadership experience, offering excellent career progression opportunities.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Conceptual design of customer solutions for potential projects
- Design and develop hardware and software solutions on PCS7, S7/WinCC and other Siemens’ automation platforms
- Leading and/or working in project delivery team. Facilitate and monitor the use of appropriate subcontractors
- Estimate project influences and risks and evaluate them technically
- Provide technical recommendations and decisions to Siemens and to customers based on clear understanding of the customers' business and operational environment
- Ensure open, regular and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Assist Sales and Bid Managers in tender preparation
- Proactively promote innovation, improvements, risk identification and safety management
- Work under the company quality management system and take responsibility for HS&E
You will be highly motivated with a Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering and extensive experience in large scale industrial automation. Demonstrated expert experience in automation products such as PCS7, S7, WinCC, Simatic IT and other Siemens automation platforms and products. A working knowledge of IEC 61508 and 61511 would be an advantage. You must also have a willingness to travel frequently within Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 190760
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time