Addressing the evolving complexities of the energy landscape requires integrated energy ecosystems that span the entire value chain. Our Gas and Power Operating Company helps customers power the world in this time of change by leveraging existing technologies in different ways, developing new business models and technology systems, and employing cutting-edge data analytics.
Siemens has a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Project Engineer to join our Power Generation Services team based at our North Ryde offices. Reporting to the Head of Operations, this challenging and rewarding role will manage an end to end workflow portfolio by leading the conceptual and basic design, detailed design, implementation, factory testing and commissioning
of Transmission Solutions. The role also includes sales and tendering support as required and offers excellent career progression opportunities.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Conceptual design of customer solutions for potential projects
- Primary/ Secondary systems designs and ensuring compliance to relevant Australian standards
- Design and develop transmission solutions including HV substations, SVC, FACTS, Synchronous condensers and others to meet transmission utilities requirements
- Power and Control Cables design
- Leading and/or working in project delivery team. Facilitate and monitor the use of appropriate subcontractors
- Estimate project influences and risks and evaluate them technically
- Provide technical recommendations and decisions to Siemens and to customers based on clear understanding of the customers' business and operational environment
- Ensure open, regular and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Assist Sales and Bid Managers in tender preparation
- Proactively promote innovation, improvements, risk identification and safety management.
- Work under the company quality management system and take responsibility for HS&E
You will be highly motivated with a Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering and extensive experience in large scale HV Substations and Transmission Systems turnkey projects. Demonstrated expert experience in HV products such as Transformers, Circuit Breakers, IPB, Synchronous Machines and accessories. A working knowledge of AS3000 would be an advantage. You must also have a willingness to travel frequently within Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 190761
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time