- Carrying out routine service, maintenance and troubleshooting activities of Siemens control systems at customer sites.
- Performing system hardware and software upgrades and updates.
- Designing and engineering solutions down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Selecting products, components and designing network systems to be used in ultra-high availability environments.
- Configuring the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Executing projects within the quality framework (time, budget, functionality).
- Fault finding and administration of control systems within the solution to ensure required performance and availability.
- Supporting customers remotely and on-site and provide level 1 & 2 support in case of arising issues.
- Responding promptly to incidents, investigate and provide temporary and/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated.
- Ensuring success in terms of economic results and customer satisfaction.
- Degree in Engineering and / or Information Computer Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the power generation controls systems industry or large-scale continuous operation industrial control applications.
- Previous experience with Siemens DCS SPPA-T3000, SPPA-T2000 or PCS7 has added advantage.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge in configuring, installing and troubleshooting industrial communication protocols for third party interfaces (Modbus, DNP3 and OPC) is a must.
- Strong understanding of high availability server/client clusters and networks.
- Solid understanding of Network concepts such as routing, sub-netting, VLAN's
- An understanding of cyber security concepts including firewall configuration, VPN and remote access solutions.
- Ability to work on a roster for after-hours on-call support.
- Willing to travel to sites and travel on short notice.
Job ID: 190838
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time