The Senior Systems Specialist position provides technical solutions to customer building automation systems as part of Building Technologies Division of Siemens. This position coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for building automation equipment that has been newly installed. Leads the Performance of the most complex projects to completion. Position reports to the Building Automation Solutions Supervisor.
• System Preparation & Design Coordination: drives the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various highly complex building automation controls systems; creates and uploads point database, creates complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
• Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance. Works with customers on their integrated networks to resolve communications problems.
• Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
• Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates Degree in electronics or equivalent experience
• Eight (8+) years of experience installing, programming and troubleshooting building automation controls systems.
• Excellent customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• This is a construction type business, candidates will need to be able to perform physical activities including; lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, climbing stairs. Candidates will also need to adhere to safety guideline and requirements as established by company policies and practices.
• Candidates must have a strong understanding of Siemens products and tools for consideration for the senior level position. A senior level technician will be able to perform all duties of the position, including; Advanced Sequence of Operation control, ability to troubleshoot and resolve all manner of issues, expert at PPCL, integration to 3rd party devices and systems, advanced operations of Apogee and Desigo, networking and BACnet expertise.
• Candidates will need to be self sufficient and motivated. Be able to understand what is needed to be done, both on a project level and at a personal development level.
• Our branch serves the Chicago area, we also support other branches in our zone from time to time. It is probable at times that support of other branches will require travel.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Tridium certification and experience with setting up, programming sequences, establishing communication, integration, graphics, remote access/alarming
• Johnson Controls (JCI) current products and experience with configuration and/or programming.
• LAB equipment controls including clean room operations, configuration of LAB devices, control schemes, certification processes and methods.
Job ID: 190848
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.