Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on a journey working for Siemens Digital Industries in a cutting edge manufacturing facility within a fast-paced, innovative, global business. We are recruiting school leavers to join our advanced apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Engineering Fitter standard via Appris Charity.
You will spend your first year learning how to safely use the engineering tools in the workshop and the theory behind our products. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be on day release to college.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- The assembly, build and testing of Geared Motors used in a wide range of industries such as Material Handling; Water Treatment; Food & Beverage, Automotive; Airports; Pulp & Paper.
- The strip down and refurbishment of Geared Motors
- Performing office-based roles such as producing quotes, scheduling and processing production orders and stock/inventory management.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Good organisational skills and experience with computers
- Enthusiastic, motivated and flexible with good interpersonal skills
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and english language.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- We offer early responsibility, mentoring and continuous professional development; you’ll be working for a company that’s committed to innovation and facing challenges.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 190866
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time