Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking an Operations Manager to manage our Electrical Services team in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Northern Idaho and Western Montana). This position will directly manage our Project Managers, Electrical Service Specialists and Engineers in the execution of our electrical services business working with low & medium power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance. This person is responsible for supporting projects from cost review, pre-booking to final customer acceptance. S/he will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Projects typically consist of:
- Low and Medium Voltage Acceptance Testing
- Preventive Maintenance
- Repairs and Upgrades
- Power System Studies
- Supervises the activities, performance and development of Electrical Service Project Managers and Electrical Service Specialists.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements and T&M work in assigned geographic area or location.
- Responsible for planning, including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning
- Responsible for all service and project activities including monthly financial and labor forecasting, monthly cost-to-complete reviews, and invoicing and collections for assigned projects, service agreements and T&M work.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
- Direct and supervise the development of field personnel to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars.
- Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tool rentals, subcontractors) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work we perform for them.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools where applicable.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance.
- Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
- Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five+ experience in the installation, maintenance, or engineering of low & medium voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview including at least two years of supervisory, project management, or operations management experience
- Required travel: 20%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- PMI Project Management Professional certification preferred.
Job ID: 190925
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.