Manufacturing Engineer – Machining
Rural Hall, NC
The Siemens Winston Service Center is seeking an experienced and hands-on Manufacturing Engineer to support CNC Machining Operations. A successful candidate in this position will be responsible for developing machining and related processes for the manufacture of new components; including CNC programs, design fixturing, and create Set-up DWGs. The position also provides ongoing shop floor support of machining and related processes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop CNC 3-, 4-, and 5-axis Milling programs, fixturing, and machine set-up DWGs for machining processes of gas and steam turbine blades.
- Development of parameters for machining processes, feeds, speeds, coolant application etc.
- Understand, fix
- Understand, fix, and manage N/C equipment, fixtures, cutting tools, holders etc.
- Design and development of tooling for machining processes
- Assist in development of inspection plans and quality controls for managing and improving capability of the production process.
- Project leadership of development and qualification projects (scheduling, design of experiments, experimentation, reporting, documentation) with full responsibility for due dates, results and costs associated with your field of activities
- Lead projects through all phases, conception, R&D, qualification, production implementation, and continued production support
- Lead continuous process improvements (analysis, solution finding, implementation) around machining processes and methods
- Work with production personnel to implement, fix, and improve machining and associated processes
- Collaborate with management, product engineering, peer engineers, and operators to realize high quality, stable processes. Provide data and documentation for product process qualifications (PPQ), work instructions and manufacturing quality control plans.
- Communicate with customers to understand requirements and communicate process deviations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-4 year degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial engineering or similar degree or 5+ years meaningful and tried manufacturing technician/engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in machining processes
- Skilled in interpretation of product and manufacturing drawings and specifications
- Knowledge in machining processes, utilizing 3, 4, and 5, axis equipment
- Knowledge in identifying, analyzing, and correcting machining process issues such as surface finish, cutter wear, machining process stability, and dimensional control.
- Knowledge in process control for machining as well as in statistical process analysis and design-of-experiments
- Ability to assist in program developments and give recommendations for improvement to ensure capable processes
- Ability to learn and own manufacturing processes for multiple product lines.
- Knowledge in designing and fixing component fixtures
- Knowledge in specifying and fixing cutting tools, holders, and auxiliary supporting systems such as heat shrink and pre-setters
- Knowledge in developing maintenance activities for N/C and supporting systems.
- Knowledge in Siemens NX CAD and product data management within Siemens Teamcenter
- Working knowledge of MS office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A.S. or B.S. in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or Similar
- Knowledge and professional experience in project management
- Flexibility in working non-standard shifts as needed
Job ID: 190957
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.