The Bogie Production Supervisor will join our growing factory in Sacramento to manage a production team of up to 50 individuals manufacturing bogies for passenger coaches, locomotives, metros and light rail vehicles.
• Commit to Zero Harm @ Siemens for the health and safety of all employees
• Live and promote an ownership culture where every employee takes personal responsibility for the company’s success
• Drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing and 6S principles
• Identify the root cause of defects then implement measures & initiatives for defect reduction
• Collaborate with other supervisors to plan and execute production of bogies, and continuously adjust plans as necessary to achieve targets for production quality, schedule and productivity
• Track and manage production performance. Identify constraints then develop and implement effective countermeasures
• Manage, coach and develop a team of up to 50 workers
• Conduct bi-annual employee performance reviews. Plan, monitor and document the training & development of manufacturing employees
• Coordinate with support functions (Quality, Engineering, Scheduling, Procurement) and internal customers to ensure the entire team is aligned & working together to solve problems and meet commitments
• Complete other duties and responsibilities as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Five years of production supervision experience
• Experience implementing changes in a manufacturing environment to improve safety, quality, schedule and cost
• Effective coaching, leadership, communication and team-building skills for hourly workforce
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and evaluate parts against drawings
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5+ years of experience in capital equipment manufacturing
• Valid AWS or CWI certifications
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, machining and mechanical assembly
• Experience in Siemens Production System or equivalent Lean manufacturing
• Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 190981
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.