Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Bogie Service Centre (BSC) Manager to join our innovative Bogie Overhaul centre in Lincoln. The BSC Manager will be responsible for managing the safe delivery of a high-performance facility in the production of components, products and systems whilst observing delivery dates, quality standards and cost estimates.
This person will be responsible for achieving maximum efficiency and productivity through continuous improvement of processes, technologies and competences. Optimizing production life cycle support through close cooperation and coordination with interface partners such as Project Management, Purchasing & Logistics.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Operational responsibility for planning (capacity, deadlines, personnel, area / space, stocks, overhead costs and investments)
- Ensuring daily Production Plans are in place and being adhered to.
- Leading the medium- and long-term planning processes and liaising with customers where necessary.
- Achievement of optimal contributions by continuous productivity increase e.g. From continuous optimsation of processes and technologies.
- Consistent implementation of lean production activities within the framework of the Siemens production system.
- Collaboration with development, sales / project management, purchasing and further interface partners for the development and implementation of effective and innovative production strategies and concepts.
- Responsible management of the site and associated facilities, ensuring all legislative requirements are complied with.
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment (Including offices and associated structures) is efficiently and effectively maintained.
- Ensure specific contractual and customer requirements are met, participating in internal contract reviews.
- Interaction with support functions and key suppliers to ensure on time delivery of material and services, participating in performance reviews when required.
- Participate in establishing budgets and responsible for monitoring progress and delivery to budget.
Health, Safety & Environment, Wellbeing
- Actively drive all aspects of safety, Health, Environment and staff wellbeing
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Engage with HSEW team to improve HSEW aspects of the BSC
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives.
- First point of contact for the resolution of out of course events for the customer.
- Ensure customer interactions within team are professional and support the Think Customer philosophy.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery of components / products / systems / systems to the customer (s) at competitive costs and in line with the market requirements.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Ownership Culture.
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (objective setting, appraisal and development plan, succession planning, recognition schemes etc.)
- Implement learning and development solutions to develop talent and enhance capability in the team
- Actively participate in our improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Use Quality tools to improve the quality of the products and services provided and reduce NCC to the business
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Support Sales team when required to develop bids for further opportunities on contract e.g. extensions and variations.
- Support Procurement in product and service delivery specifications for suppliers and provide feedback for supplier performance reviews.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Experience of managing and leading large (50+) multi-functional teams in a rail, production, or fast moving or complex environment
- Experience of working or managing within a safety critical industry
- Experience in the refurbishment/overhaul of large railway or similar industry components
- Contract, commercial and budget management experience
- Excellent practical experience of implementing Lean and Continuous Improvement techniques and principles
- Previous experience of managing profit and loss within a business
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock or similar safety critical Maintenance techniques and procedures
- Engineering Qualification/Degree or equivalent experience.
- Bogie / Wheelset maintenance/overhaul
- IOSH/ NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent experience
- Understanding of industry maintenance best practice
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 191062
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time