Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
A buoyant market and increased workload have meant that we are looking to recruit a Development Engineer to join our award-winning site in Ulverston, Cumbria. Please be aware that we are looking to hold interviews week commencing the 16th December.
Our site in Ulverston is situated in a small market town located in South Cumbria on the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park, ideal for people with a love of outdoor pursuits, with excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in that we have a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. Have a look at what it’s like to work at Siemens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
We are looking to expand our Production Engineering Team and upon joining this progressive and fast paced division, you will provide technical support and leadership to Engineering projects. This role covers conceptual and detail equipment design and approval, analysis, qualification and production support including the generation and approval of associated documentation for the project delivery.
What part will you play?
- Be responsible for designing and commissioning of new testing systems from concept through to delivery
- Ensure all technical tasks are performed in compliance with the departmental processes for technical scope control, quality and health & safety
- Produce concept and detail designs using 3D CAD software
- To give design support for production related issues for new products
- Engage in process and continual improvement initiatives
- To investigate and introduce new processes for new products
- To investigate and resolve manufacturing and production problems
We are not looking for superheroes, just super minds
- Familiarity with; conceptual and detailed mechanical design, system and process design, has a sound understanding of manufacturing principles, LEAN, workshop practices and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Formal engineering qualification to HNC level, with relevant experience
- Ability to understand complex problems and apply logical methodologies to find solutions.
- 3D CAD experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, holiday allowance, pension and on-call allowance. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 191087
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time