From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have two fantastic opportunities for a Systems Assurance Manager (RAMS) to join our Siemens Mobility team. Based in our Melbourne office. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
A key aspect in the delivery and operation of any rail system is managing and controlling the systems Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
The System Assurance Manager (RAMS) is very experienced in systems engineering, systems analysis, requirements analysis, system design, definition and implementation of system solutions for complex Rail Systems projects including ETCS/CBTC. They provide analyses and reports on regulatory matters concerning procedures and product regulatory aspects.
The System Assurance manager will lead the RAMS and all related activities for system assurance scope of work on assigned projects. As appropriate they may act as the RAMS interface and act as the Team lead for system assurance for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Analyses and keeps abreast of all regulatory standards concerning technological and functionality requirements.
- Contributes to product specification from a regulatory perspective.
- Cooperates with product safety experts in minimizing product risks.
- Consults in all aspects concerning international product regulations.
- Represents unit in external panels and committees.
- Analysis and evaluation of all RAMS related customer requirements
- Technical system documentation
- Reviews of system related documents
- Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost and time planning and controlling
- Overall technical coordination of the RAMS and V&V work for the project
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
Project related activities:
- Project reporting and support for planning and controlling
- Carries out the control of their allocated work packages and reports to the technical project management
- Analyses and supervises the fulfilment of their work package plan with regard to functional, technical and time-related goals, also checks the quality of process and results
- Recognises deviations in their work packages early, identifies causes of problems and resolves them (in coordination with the technical project management, if necessary)
- Derives relevant project goals from the contract and offer documents, always in coordination with the technical project manager
- Analyses and evaluates of all system RAMS related customer requirements
- Derives relevant project goals from the contract and offer documents, in close coordination with the technical project manager and line management.
- Preparation of technical RAMS system documentation as required such as Preliminary Hazard Analysis, Hazard Log and Safety Case)
- Executed specific Safety Analysis as required by the project
- Supports and collaborate with closely related engineering disciplines like System integration, testing, EMC, Cyber-security, Human Factor, Verification, validation and T&C.
- Supervises their work package with regard to quality, functional, technical budget and time-related goals
- Anticipate deviations in their work packages and propose solution to resolve potential project issue (in coordination with the technical project management and line management, if necessary)
- Perform Verification and Validation activities as required (V&V Planning, Report and
- Knowledge of Rail Systems RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety)
- Knowledge of Communications Based Train Control Systems (CBTC)
- Knowledge of European Train Control Systems (ETCS)
- Knowledge of Train Control Systems
- Knowledge of Rail Operator Training
- Knowledge of Human Machine Interface Systems for Rail Control
- Knowledge of Railway Systems, Railway Operations and Signalling
- Team Leadership and Management
- Requirements Management, Configuration Management
- Relevant Engineering Processes and Standards; e.g.; CENELEC EN 50126, EN50128, EN 50129
- Professional experience > 8 years’ experience in the Rail transport industry in RAMS
- Experience on a variety of Rail Systems Projects.
- Ability to take on team leadership of small team as necessary and to take responsibility for RAMS for the Project
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
- Acts as the Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- The successful candidate may at times need to act as the RAMS Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, other Engineering teams, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- To be considered for this role for the RAMS Engineer role you will display a minimum of 3 years’ experience within the Rail transport industry in RAMS using standards such as IEC61508, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129. For the Senior role you will have a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience.
- Additionally, you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to build sound working relationships internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Siemens Mobility is looking for people that are aligned with our company values: Excellent, Innovative and Responsible.