The Business Line Manager will lead the strategic vision and execution of the product portfolio. This business and product development professional will leverage their experience to manage the existing portfolio and identify, develop and commercialize new product and system solutions. This position is responsible for assessing customer needs, market conditions, regulatory requirements and competition to develop a clear strategy to build and commercialize portfolio solutions within the HVAC industry. This includes managing both direct and cross functional teams, life cycle management, innovation pipeline, product development and product launch. In cooperation with senior management, works to develop and execute long rang plan and annual plan growth initiatives using key product differentiation levers.
- Lead and manage product development initiatives through strong technical and stage gate acumen.
- Develop product positioning and value propositions for portfolio offerings.
- Overall responsibility for product/ solution family performance and product family contribution to include development of business cases and final decisions around target cost basis, margins, pricing, major projects, market entry/ exit, and overall strategic direction for the product portfolio.
- Direct ownership of cloud, hardware and software solutions including market research, strategy and business plan development, launch execution and performance management including revenue forecast, price position, cost management and promotion.
- Manage Application Engineering team responsible for customer specific solutions, on-boarding and support as well as application development for standard device and cloud solutions.
- Provide commercial, technical, supply chain and financial leadership for product line to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
- Responsible for full product lifecycle for the assigned product families including new product development plans, product enhancements, market priorities, maintenance plans/aftermarket penetration and product discontinuation.
- Focal point on market trends, customer needs, and competitive intelligence for the portfolio.
- Defines the strategic development and lifecycle of the product portfolio in line with the given strategy of the business.
- Ensures constant observation of relevant markets (competitor activities, portfolio gaps, demand and supply conditions, standards and regulations within target markets, etc.).
- Initiates analysis and decision proposals for new product developments and road map.
- Lead product management, application engineering and cross functional teams to achieve project deadlines and budgets.
- 5+ years of product or engineering management experience required, some P&L responsibility experience preferred.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional challenges.
- Able to communicate with Senior Management to summarize issues and facilitate complex decision-making
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 191286
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.