Synchronous Condenser Operation and Maintenance Station Manager
Siemens seeks a professional Service/ Commissioning engineer that will manage and work at the Synchronous Condenser stations and performing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections for the stations. This person will be responsible for responding to all alarms, troubleshooting, and making repairs on the system. This person will also be responsible for completing facility maintenance for the building, providing building access, HVAC support, building management, as well as supporting ground system and auxiliary power. This includes control and protection as well primary equipment like switch gear generator, breakers, transformers, motors and pumps.
- This person will act as the onsite Project Manager and will have budgetary, project, and resource management responsibilities
- Managing station spare parts inventory, supervising contractors during inspections and repairs, coordinating outages, planning resources, and interfacing with local utility company
- Managing facility's cyber assets and perform patch management by testing firmware and updates in a replica system prior to applying necessary firmware and updates to the production system.
- Interfacing with the customer as the Siemens representative on site, providing feedback to Sales and Marketing on Customer goals and objectives, and maintaining the customer relationship.
- Support and input on protection and control engineers related to the enhancements of the protection and control applications, philosophies, and design.
- Recommend alternatives to development and design to improve quality of processes and or procedures.
- Developing and commissioning documentation, providing schedule guidance, and outage planning.
- Assist with coordination of test equipment as needed.
· Low voltage AC circuits, auxiliary power transformers, battery chargers, lead acid batteries, DC distribution, cooling systems, IGBT switching, DC control and protection circuits, alarm systems, mechanical interlocking arrangements, operator workstations, gate way station, and interface terminals.
· Current transformers, voltage transformers, power transformers, capacitor banks, reactors, filter banks, surge arrestors, bus bar system, grounding system, disconnect and grounding switches, and current and differential protections.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Electrical Engineering or Technology Degree or Bachelors’ degree or Associates degree with commensurate experience
· Minimum of five years relevant FACTS (Flexible AC Transmission Substations) and Power Generation engineering commissioning experience in electrical systems
· Ability to read and understand protection and electrical drawings.
· Ability to communicate in English effectively.
· Ability to document work performed, track progress, and administer warranty information as needed.
· Ability to resolve complex problems and work within a team to resolve concerns that may affect more than a single station.
· Ability to independently plan work schedule, task, perform self-quality checks and follow procedures as written.
· Knowledge of protective relay concepts, practices and procedures
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Professional Engineer License.
· Understand electrical protection, control systems, substation automation, SCADA systems.
· Familiarity of design, integration, installation and testing of electrical control and protection systems or generation, transmission, and distribution.
· Familiarity with control and protection devices.
· Understand protection and control logic.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 191290
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.