As a Calibre Design-to-Silicon Platform Applications Engineer, you will work with account teams to drive the adoption of Mentor Graphics Calibre software. This includes, but is not limited to the following activities.
• Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
• Illustrate the value Mentor Graphics brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor Graphics' Calibre family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
• Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Calibre products.
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
• Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
• Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
• Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
• Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred.
• Experience: 5+ years of hands-on (user) Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Experience: 2+ years of development in Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Broad understanding of Physical Implementation (P&R), Custom/Analog Design and PV/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows including tie-in to library characterization, static timing, EM/IR drop analysis and flows
• Must enjoy working with customers and in large team environment
• Expert level scripting / programming skills;
• A working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
• Motivated team player/leader
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
Job ID: 191300
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.