HEEDS Application Support Engineer - Advanced
(East Lansing, MI)
This position is for an Application Support Engineer within the technical support team for the HEEDS Global Portfolio Development (PFD) group. This position requires an engineer to work very closely with the global sales, PfD, pre-sales, and post-sales teams within Siemens PLM, and its broad customer-base for its multi-disciplinary design exploration software HEEDS MDO. The primary objective of this position is to support the growing expansion of design space exploration software in the CAE industry and to ensure rapid growth of the HEEDS design space exploration solution. The position assists revenue generation of the Siemens design space exploration solutions, involves execution and demonstration of design space exploration projects, works closely with research and development, supports distribution channels, trains and educates, and helps to ensure quality assurance in the HEEDS MDO product.
The person must be dynamic, quick-learning, willing to travel. Revenue growth and customer support and satisfaction are the top priorities of this role. Aptitude, successful completion of tasks (on time), will be the ultimate measurements for the position.
This position reports directly to the Application Support Engineering Manager, Nate Chase, within the Global HEEDS PFD Team. The location for this position is based in East Lansing, MI.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Training and educating on design space exploration methodologies, tool usage, and custom applications to clients, distributors, and prospects
- Interfacing to HEEDS MDO prospects and customers – supporting the demonstration of HEEDS MDO through multiple stages of the sales process: initial pre-sales engagements, proof-of-concept and project demonstrations, sales closure, post-sales support, training, and account growth and cultivation
- sales support – helping to scope and deliver solutions to clients and prospects which demonstrate the value of design exploration to the organization
- sales support– supporting customer and internal challenges and questions, along with raising customer awareness, to ensure successful utilization of HEEDS.
- development and execution of engineering projects using HEEDS MDO and various CAE tools
- Research and Development assistance for optimization applications for emerging market segments
- Support of Distributor (reseller channels) – pre- and post-sales development
- HEEDS MDO quality assurance – link between customer/user and product development to ensure product is at the highest level and reflective of customer needs before product release
- Development of technical marketing content (presentations, videos, case studies, training material)
- 3-10 years of commercial (non-university, non-intern experience. Full-time employment work experience with a commercial company) CAE experience with commercial FEA, CFD, and/or MBD tools.
- A BS in an Engineering or manufacturing-related discipline.
- Must currently be residing in the continental USA, and be open to relocation if not currently in the East Lansing, MI area as the position is located at the SIEMENS office in East Lansing.
- Travel availability and flexibility with potential travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written), as the role requires daily customer and internal interaction; someone who is outgoing, pleasant, and enjoys helping customers.
- An adaptive individual with a positive attitude and strong aptitude with the ability to multi-task and be pro-active. HEEDS has an active and diverse customer base and sales channel. The ability to seamlessly transition between tasks and concepts.
- Motivated to learn, can quickly pick-up and demonstrate new ideas and concepts, possessing a strong retention capability.
- Preferred Experience
Current or Past experience with:
- Design optimization methodology and tools
- Abaqus, Adams, LS-DYNA, Nastran, and/or nCODE
- ANSYS Fluent, ANSYS CFX, and/or STAR-CCM+
- ANSA, HyperMesh, and/or Simcenter 3D
- Adams, Amesim, VI-Grade, Virtual.Lab , TCSim
- Post-graduate degrees or equivalent experience
Job ID: 191311
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.