Siemens Mobility are recruiting a Planning Engineer for our Rolling Stock Bogie Service Centre in Lincoln. Reporting to Production and working closely with the on-site team support team, the Planning engineer will provide short, medium and long-term planning support for the Bogie Service Centre. Responsible for ensuring a balanced workload in line with agreed customer requirements, efficient use of available facilities via production simulation, correct resources and materials availability.
What would be my Responsibilities?
- Developing and communicating detailed production plans to meet the various customer demands.
- Manage a business planning process to ensure stakeholder acceptance, customer needs are satisfied, and business revenues are met.
- Be responsible for producing long term plans (1 to 2 year horizon) detailing resource requirements, specifically manpower and relevant competencies.
- Reporting variances at incoming inspection to the customer. Collating Bogie information from data sources verifying that the data is correct and within acceptable limits
- Responsible for the creation of the “Bogie Passport”.
- Actively participate in our continuous improvement activities and drive the implementation of your own improvement ideas.
- Support others with the implementation of their ideas to improve process production and cost efficiencies
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Be aware of and have an understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement this in areas of responsibility.
- Collaboration with internal and external customers to meet current needs and develop a good work relationship.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong background in material planning/ production control background in Customer Service
- Strong organization skills.
- Technical background and/or experience in inspection
- Experience of productivity planning and relevant software systems
- Ability to work as part of a team driving success
- Working knowledge of planning software such as MSProject or equivalent
- Knowledge of MMS systems ideally CORMAP
- Good knowledge of relevant IT systems and software.
- Ability to develop and operate databases.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 191428
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time