Are you passionate about becoming an Patent Search Analyst? We are looking for an energetic and talented IP professional to join our Siemens Inhouse IP team in Bangalore.
Every year, Siemens makes a huge investment into research and development (R&D) into new technology areas. Siemens protects R&D investment through Intellectual Property Rights. Siemens has around 63000 active patents worldwide. In 2017, Siemens ranked 2nd in terms of number of patent applications filed at the European Patent Office. Siemens has its own inhouse Intellectual Property (IP) Department comprising around 380 IP Professional located across the globe.
Siemens IP department located in Bangalore has around 8 IP Professionals with experience in IP Strategy, Creation and Management. The IP team of Siemens works closely with local R&D department and businesses to strategically create inventions, harvest inventions early, protect valuable inventions in different jurisdictions, prosecute patent applications and manage IP portfolio. Over the years, the IP professional Group has developed expertise in drafting patent applications meeting globally acceptable quality standard in cutting edge technology focus areas including digital twin, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, blockchain, additive manufacturing, and so on. The IP Professional group is responsible for prosecuting their own patent applications in different jurisdictions including WO, US, EP, CN, IN, etc. and are responsible for managing its own portfolio. The IP professional group is also involved in providing strategic inputs to the local R&D departments and proactively harvest inventions through continuous engagement with R&D groups and business units of Siemens Entities India. The IP Professional group is engaged in assessing third party IP risk for our products prior to release into the market and also protecting our inventions from infringement by third parties through exploitation of IPRs. The IP Professional group also actively interacts with colleagues in other IP departments worldwide across the responsible R&D groups and business units for creation and management of our IPRs.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
• Providing search and analysis in various stages of the IP and R&D lifecycle from a concept level to a commercialization level particularly in the technology area of Digitalization, Electrification and Automation, especially software.
• As a Patent search analyst, you will be responsible for handling and delivering a diversified work product to the Siemens Local and foreign Business and Technology units. You will be handling different search projects such as Novelty searches, Invalidity searches, State of art searches, Freedom to operate searches, Strategic IP landscape searches, Claim chart preparation, infringement identification, Business IP intelligence searches.
• Search projects must be carried out using in inhouse and licensed patent tools and databases
• Exploring and identifying new AI based tools in the market and integrate it into the business process
• Extremely passionate and curious to proactively participate in discussions, brain storming sessions for providing IP search and analytics support along the entire IP lifecycle process and value-based IP creation in joint collaboration with the IP Professional
• Flexible enough to handle demanding workloads and deadlines when necessary
We don’t need superheroes, but just super minds.
You must have Bachelor/Master’s degree from a recognized university in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
You must have experience working in a law firm or inhouse IP department and shall have knowledge of patent search and analysis in the global jurisdictions
You must have 5 to 7 years’ experience in searching and analyzing patent applications/concepts in diversified technology areas especially in the field of Digitalization, Electrification and Automation, mostly software
• You must fluent in using licensed tools like Patbase, AcclaimIP, Thomas Innovation, etc.
• You must have ability to ask technical questions to inventors/researchers
• You must be a team player and have a knack for learning new concepts quickly
• You must have ability to quickly grasp inventions from summaries provided by IP professionals
• You must have ability to analyze and summarize patent applications quickly and provide insights to the IP Professionals
• You must have good writing and communication skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India
Job ID: 191449
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time