What are my responsibilities?
- Plan and execute part of the disassembly/assembly work of the turbine module on site. The part of the work that he/she will be responsible to execute will be assigned by the Senior Technical Advisor on site.
- Lead the hands on work for certain work packages as assigned by the Senior Technical Advisor. In practice would this involve giving work tasks to technicians, Siemens or others, that have been assigned to assist the Technical Advisor and follow up that the work tasks are executed in a correct way.
- Perform critical work tasks requiring special competence, e. g. taking measurements and filling out measurement protocols as necessary.
- Assume a mentoring role, i.e. advice junior TFAs on site of how to carry out work tasks as described in the junior TFAs’ development plans.
- Report the result of the disassembly/assembly job according to guidelines. Normally this will be limited to filling out daily reports or give input to the mechanical reports written by the Senior Technical Advisor. The actual level of reporting will be specified by the Senior Technical Advisor.
- Follow EHS procedures and comply with safety regulations
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or its equivalent discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in gas turbine or related engineering field
- Experience from maintenance / overhauls of gas turbines / steam turbines / compressors and reciprocating engines is valuable.
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Good command of English both written & spoken skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Open to travelling as work requires 70 – 80% travelling, both domestic and international
Job ID: 191491
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time