Business Admin Apprentice – Siemens Healthineers - Sudbury
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
This is a fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and perform a range of functions across all administrative areas to support the manufacturing site. The Business Admin role will primarily provide exposure to general admin, reception, non-inventory purchasing, travel, events and HR / Product compliance. The apprentice will have the opportunity to interact with all levels of staff including the leadership team.
The candidate will complete a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship providing a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Your mission and responsibilities:
You will be expected to learn and:
- Provide levels of personal assistance and administrative support to the Managing Director’s team
- Assist in the management of all travel arrangements for Sudbury based staff and for visitors where requested
- Appropriately liaise with and support the Site Engagement Team
- Understand basic food hygiene and how to manage the provision of refreshment services for staff and visitors
- Help organise site conference room both in their visual status as well as the online booking system for them
- Assist with Reception duties including to meet and greet external visitors
- Understand the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system and Purchase Order process
- Own the management of the Sudbury overalls system
- Comply with the EHS statements, policies and procedures
Your qualification and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Demonstrate a keen interest in business admin
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Achieved 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What else do I need to know?
If you’re curious to find out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Wednesday 29th January 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team, and ask any questions about the application process. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Sudbury Apprenticeships. Both students and parents are welcome to attend.
What’s the application process?
Once you’ve decided you’d like to apply for the role you’ll taken through the following 3-stage process:
1. Online application – Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Game-based assessment - This is an online assessment that assesses your behavioural traits and cognitive ability, to see if you align to our Siemens culture.
3. Assessment centre - If you're successful, you'll be invited to an assessment centre on the 11th March in Sudbury which will include a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two way process.
The deadline will close in early February 2020, however we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Job ID: 191548
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time