Siemens Rail Systems currently have some fantastic opportunities for an Software & Systems Retrofit Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. The Retrofit Engineer will provide engineering leadership, supporting train systems as part of the Retrofit Engineering Team to achieve effective retrofit engineering solutions throughout the Rolling Stock Business. As a rapidly expanding team, we have scope for the successful candidates to be based across multiple sites including Northampton, Manchester, Doncaster, Crawley, Hornsey and Southampton.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake software and system retrofit engineering
- Undertake necessary on train investigations related to retrofit engineering scope
- Mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues ensuring no additional risks are imported to the operational railway
- Production of specifications for engineering activities.
- Production of risk assessments and business cases to support retrofit recommendations as required.
- Undertake component condition assessments to support retrofit engineering
- Monitor industry practices to identify processes, maintenance and material changes that will improve retrofit effectiveness and achieve business objectives
- Provision of on-site technical support to key supplier’s in support of on-going activities
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Relevant retrofit engineering experience for rolling stock
- Proven experience of rolling stock maintenance, planning and IT systems
- Relevant Engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills written & oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
Closing Date: 13/12/2019
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 191573
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time