This is a remote position working for the Enterprise Zone and can be located anywhere within US close to a major airport.
Use company tools and operating protocols to design and develop building automation, fire alarm and/or security systems in new and existing facilities. Focuses on providing the most cost-effective solutions to meet project specifications whether acting as the lead or assisting a team.
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walkthroughs.
- Designs general systems for facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Assists Engineering Seniors with product selection.
- Performs Quality Assurance of material selection and suitability.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for more complex projects used in commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Design Engineers and Assistants.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of successful experience in engineering/systems with demonstrated competence in principal duties.
- EIT, ASHRE, NICET or CISSP certifications are a plus.
- NICET Level II-III required for Fire Engineers.
- Good knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, fire or security system, and business operations required.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good influencing skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate at several levels of the organization.
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 191732
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.