As a Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift – 2:30pm – 11:15pm) you will supervise and manage various functions and disciplines on the 1st shift within manufacturing/test operations. Typical functions that a supervisor would be accountable for include but are not limited to: safety, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, budgetary expenses, administration of work rules, adherence to the labor contract, LDMS, man count planning, and executing responsible areas to support the overall plant/company objective.
- Ensuring that employees have a safe work environment and that they are following all safety practices
- Maintaining workplace organization
- Monitoring labor and material transactions to ensure they are accurate and timely
- Responsible for quality of work produced on shift and performing root cause corrective action as required
- Delivering parts on time to customer promise dates
- Leading cycle time and cost reduction improvements
- Communicating regularly with employees and leading daily startup meetings
- Ensuring that employees are cross trained on all aspects of their job
- High School Degree
- 5 years heavy manufacturing experience
- This individual must be energetic and self-driven but also a team player and be comfortable working in a team environment.
- This person must possess a high degree of analytical skills to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Understanding Lean Manufacturing and contemporary problem solving techniques.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
- Oracle and Kronos knowledge
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 191752
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.