As a member of the Smart Infrastructure (SI) communications team, this individual contributor will be responsible for the effective planning and implementation of the communications strategy to support the marketing and business objectives of Regional Solutions and Services – Americas (RSS-AM) segments and vertical markets.
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare integrated communication strategies, based on business and marketing plans, for RSS AM segments and vertical markets
- Implement and manage various communication channels that help drive marketing and communication objectives as a part of the complete communications program. (Elements can include, but not limited to, social media, digital communications, tradeshows, advertising, public relations, events, promotions, direct mail, brochures, website, audio-visual productions, etc.)
- Develop content to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations – working in conjunction with Media Relations, Demand Generation and Employee Communication teams.
- Solid understanding and consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines.
- Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach on a project basis.
- Research and communicate segment/vertical market success stories, projects, products and innovations.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business teams to achieve the communication objectives of specific segments and vertical markets
- Assist with coordination, execution and follow-up analysis of customer events and trade shows.
- Execute specific segments and vertical markets communication projects and monitor performance metrics against KPIs
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a consistent high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, communications vehicle development and management and communications effectiveness measurement
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working across all communications channels – internal and external – with a strong focus on new digital tools, as well as more traditional communications vehicles.
- Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Strong attention to detail, budget management and project management skills
- Organizational skills and project management experience
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing
- Domestic Travel 10%
- 5-7 years successfully performing the planning, directing, executing and measurement of communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong understanding of communications channels and how to apply them effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work under time constraints with multiple projects
Job ID: 191788
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.