This position requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in Reliability Engineering. Primary activities include Reliability Planning, Reliability Allocation, Reliability Failure Modeling, Sub-assembly Life Testing, System Reliability Growth Testing and System Reliability Demonstration Testing. Develops and implements reliability plans for new product development to ensure attainment of specified operational reliability objectives. The candidate must display a high degree of competence in all areas of Reliability Engineering.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./BEng/BSc) in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering. Desired Master’s Degree (M.S. / M.E.). Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) license desired.
Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Reliability Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Reliability Engineering support to R&D Elements Teams. Attends team meetings and design reviews and advises and confers with engineers to give reliability findings and recommendations. Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage time, organize and prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments is necessary. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected. Possess a high-level of self-motivation and ability to work on a team
- Lead design teams through Reliability Failure Modeling evaluation and drive corrective actions to reduce the identified risks utilizing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) or similar methodologies. Conducts Reliability Analysis to assess the risks associated with design concepts.
- Design and create test protocols and reports for various reliability testing types such as Life Tests, Accelerated Life Test (ALT), Reliability Growth Testing (RGT), Reliability Demonstration Testing (RDT) using appropriate statistical techniques to show that reliability targets have been met with the desired statistical confidence.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Actively work with a team of hardware, software and systems engineers to identify reliability issues and provide solutions to decrease unscheduled service visit rate and downtime.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Communication Skills - Ability to write reports and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project teams and functional management . Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected.
Mathematical Skills Experienced in advanced reliability tools and statistical methods such as life data analysis, hypothesis testing, goodness of fit tests, Gauge Repeatability and Reproductibility, Robust Design and Design of Experiments.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience with at least one Life Data Analysis tool such as ReliaSoft Weibull ++ and excellent skills in the use of spreadsheets and databases. Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Qlikview or Power BI is desired.
Other Skills and Abilities - Experience in Medical diagnostics industry is preferred. A candidate should be hands on and have desire to work in an R&D laboratory environment.
Travel - Able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Job ID: 191790
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.