Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Cybersecurity Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Cybersecurity Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Medical device vulnerability scanning
- Tool management for vulnerability assessment
- Piloting and testing new cybersecurity tools for the medical devices, as well as our engineering environment.
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is
below, and would like
to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about cybersecurity process and controls.
- You feel comfortable using different tools, even connecting them in automatic workflows, making sure that they can support processes by enforcing quality data input in them.
- You would like to get expertise in cybersecurity best practices and tools that are applicable in many different areas of software engineering.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Junior computer science student (or similar degree) able to work 20 hours per week.
- Basic scripting programming knowledge in Python or Powershell.
- You have a genuine interest for cybersecurity and are not afraid of going under the hood and getting your hands dirty trying to figure things out.
Start Date: January 2020
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible schedule to work around your degree’s needs in terms of classes and exams, and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 191791
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.