Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation. Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
What will you do?
- Integral part of a team to identify and qualify business opportunities and develop the strategy to resolve technical matters.
- Own the technical relationship with Siemens customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources. Work directly with customers to create solutions and use cases that leverage product integrations that generate business value.
- Interpret, use and apply information contained within OT/IT architecture to inform a range of business use activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of OT/IT support systems.
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of solutions architecture(s) across multiple projects, with an eye for the Enterprise Architecture (EA)view for each project/customer.
- Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with solution and enterprise architecture.
- Recommends and participates in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems.
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
- Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Travel to Client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of Solution and or Enterprise Architecture experience
- Designing and architecting large scale applications, including SaaS and cloud based applications- 10+ years' experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following, but with the versatility to grow in other areas:
- Cloud enabled/cloud native solutions
- Advanced Analytics
- Smart Infrastructure, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- User Experience (UX)
- Minimum 5 years experience with Agile/SAFe
- Run multiple projects or deals under tight timelines.
- Security, architecture, and industry certifications such as AWS Solution Architect, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), CompTIA Security+, ITIL Foundations, or similar.
- Hands on experience. It could be implementing or designing two or more of the following: Digital Industry, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Smart infrastructure, and or IT Applications Management
- You are data-oriented, sharp, passionate and forward thinking.
- Exceptional communicator, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
- You are driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
- 30% travel within Canada required
- Must be able to travel to the US on occasion
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 191794
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.