This requisition is for an entry level system design engineer position for industrial gas turbine engine and related products.
- Manage technical aspects of projects for gas turbine systems and components.
- Brings forward innovative engineering design solutions to customer issues on new and fielded products.
- Facilitate teamwork between many disciplines i.e., manufacturing, quality, engineering, product support, etc.
- Communicates technical and business results via reports and presentations.
The individual will be part of an engineering team supporting the Industrial 501-K product line and will report to the SGT-A05 Head of Design.
The following are the typical responsibilities expected of the individual in this design engineering role:
- Plans, performs, and directs design, analysis, and field service investigation activities for gas turbine engines and components.
- Supports manufacturing and assembly of gas turbine systems including dispositioning of manufacturing deviations, providing design support for hardware assembly and test, and providing technical support on existing engine designs.
- Represents local site for engineering activities both within and outside the company.
- Facilitates teamwork between many disciplines including engineering support organizations, test, purchasing, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Plans and coordinates assigned work with analytical groups and outsourced engineering organizations.
- Performs detailed engineering analyses for multiple disciplines, presents results to technical leadership, and thoroughly documents results.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced engineers/engineering students and non-engineering employees on engineering or business-related topics.
- Provides technical support and communication with customers as necessary.
- Prepares, reports, and presents technical information to internal and external management, customers, suppliers, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following outlines the knowledge/skills, education, and experiences that are required for this position.
- B.S. Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Good command of the English language for both written and oral communication.
- General PC knowledge and associated MS Office software experience.
- A broad level of technical ability to deal with challenging engineering problems.
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10 percent of the time.
The individual must also possess a willingness to learn new skills both within and outside of engineering.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following outlines the knowledge/skills, education, and experiences that are preferred but not necessarily required for this position.
- Experience (including undergraduate work experience) working with industrial gas turbine engineering preferably with a gas turbine OEM or gas turbine packager within the 3 to 10 MW power range.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within manufacturing/quality and product procurement, support and service engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with industrial gas turbine regulations.
- Experience with structural (stress) analysis, finite element codes (ANSYS or equivalent).
- Good grasp of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with engine control systems.
- Experience working with engine performance and/or combustion system aerodynamics.
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics analysis and principles of compressible fluid system analysis.
- Experience working with static and dynamic whole engine system mechanics.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 191799
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.