Technical Support Engineer – Computed Tomography (CT)
Siemens Healthineers are searching for a home-based Technical Support Engineer (TSE) to join our CT Technical Support team. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join our award-winning organisation, where you will work as part of the regional support team to cover the full range of CT modality products.
Your mission and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through the technical call clarification process and ensure continued profitable growth of the business
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse, remotely troubleshoot, repair, maintain and update the full range of modality equipment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and address customer support issues promptly and professionally.
- Provide remote as well as field based technical support and command a high level of analytical skills.
- Participate in an out of hours support rota as part of the Customer Care centres 7 day a week support process.
- Minimum of an HNC or equivalent in Engineering, Electronics, IT or Physics or a related discipline is needed
- Proven experience repairing the full range of CT modality products
- Trained and demonstrable experience with the full range of CT modality products
- IT skills, including an in-depth understanding & support of: DICOM & associated troubleshooting, SRS, SAP, Microsoft Office and Networking infrastructure as well as current CS IT technologies.
- An understanding of clinical modality applications and workflow
- Demonstrable experience of image quality testing and problem resolution
- A working knowledge of fault analysis and resolution
- Knowledge of material logistics, spare part tracking and escalation
- Knowledge of internal commercial processes and customer service offerings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels.
- Technical report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to develop positive customer relationships
- Ability to analyse, plan, report and take action on technical issues
This role is home-based so candidates must be self-motivated. This is a national based role so a flexible approach to working hours and willingness to travel to any part of the UK is required. From time to time the nature of the modality business dictates that the candidate may be expected to work outside normal hours or weekend days thereby spending nights away from home in order to meet business needs.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
In return we offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension, 26 days holiday and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle including private medical, dental insurance, and many more.
please send a copy of your CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability to
the role and highlighting your relevant experience.
Job ID: 191805
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time