Designing complex Information and Operational Technology infrastructure. These skills and expertise will allow BT to provide the increased complexity of customer’s Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions. These projects have complex integration needs and require a secure infrastructure.
- Selects equipment and designs systems to meet project requirements.
- Performs configuration of systems and ensures system integration.
- Provides comprehensive technical support for moderate to complex problems.
- Installs application software and patches for system servers and workstations.
- Servers: Troubleshooting hardware, replacing failed components, rack/unrack, configure/setup RAID controller(s), ILO connections, BIOS, network cards, and hard drives
- Operating systems: Win08, Win2012, Win7, Win10. Workgroup and DOMAIN configuration.
- Server features: DHCP, DNS, Domain Controller, application server, network shares, logon scripts, network card configuration for multiple networks. Direct experience designing, installing, deploying, troubleshooting.
- Network equipment: switches, routers, cabling (copper and fiber), bandwidth calculations to support required/necessary equipment
- Networks: IP distribution and design.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or other related field 5 years’ experience in providing technical support in multiple operating systems and network environments.
- Cisco CCNA Certification required
- Microsoft Certification MCSE preferred – Specifics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to represent Siemens when interfacing with customer personnel from building and IT departments.
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Job ID: 191806
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.