Looking for an opportunity to work on a next generation product using the latest technologies for a great company? Well, this may be what you are looking for. Come join a team of highly motivated software engineers and help shape the future of Siemens Healthineers!
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be tasked with taking on responsibility and ownership, along with our SW architects, for translating our software and system requirements into component designs and implementing them using the latest technologies.
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer are, as an individual and team participant, to:
- Perform design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and implementation per product requirements and associated use cases/scenarios
- Design and develop secure embedded software solutions
- Complete estimates for software modules under development, and estimates own work
- Complete design, implementation, unit test, code review and static code analysis activities
- Participate in risk management (project, technical, and hazard) activities
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior engineers
The following list presents the primary technical education, skills and programming experience expected of a Senior Software Engineer:
- B.A or equivalent experience in a technical field
- Overall job experience of 5-8 years in the medical device, aerospace, defense or finance space
- Strong Object - Oriented Design and Development
- Java or C# experience
- UML Design and Documentation
Some nice to have
- Development experience in Android
- Developing software for embedded systems a plus
- Test Driven Design experience a plus
- Familiarity with development Software as a Medical Device
- Experience in SCRUM or other Agile development practices
- Experience in a technical leadership or a passion to one day serve that role
- Possess the ability to apply the fundamentals of programming languages to solve complex engineering problems
- A understanding of Operating Systems, Networks and Databases and how to make them all work together efficiently .
- Developing software solutions within an IDE (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio, Intellij, Eclipse, Android Studio)
- Possesses strong written, presentation, and general communication skills
- Communicate task status to the team lead and manager
- Perform presentations of technical findings and developments
- Interact with other test and development personnel on a project
- Manage own priorities, with support from the Technical Leads
- Ability to peer-review software requirements, design documents and code
- Ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Job ID: 191818
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.