MRX Technologies is an engineering organisation primarily active in the railway sector. Recently acquired by Siemens, we have a small company feel supported by large company opportunities.
Our comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalized condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructures, and inspection systems for rail networks. Drawing on years of expertise and a highly motivated team of engineers and experienced specialists, we provide new sources of measurement data that can be evaluated to benefit rail operators – helping them optimize maintenance, increase availability and reduce costs.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our expanding Perth based team. You should be comfortable working with engineers from all disciplines, be both people- and process-oriented, be flexible, commercially astute and able to respond to changing priorities and requirements.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Lead projects tackling complex engineering problems and commercial issues.
- Lead and support the day to day management of major projects.
- Work closely alongside the project and delivery team in order to achieve on time delivery of projects at the right quality and cost.
- Provide the liaison between the company's production, design departments and sub-contractors.
- Act as the technical and/or commercial interface with key clients.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Mechanical, Electronics or Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Qualifications must confer eligibility for membership to an Australian Engineering professional body such as IEAust
- Significant commercial experience working in complex railway engineering projects including phases of design, approvals, procurement, contract administration, reporting and closure.
- Experience in the management of projects to meet critical deadlines
- High regard for health and safety systems
- Highly motivated, with excellent organisational, communication and people skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge & experience of railway vehicle technology and engineering.
- Experience in detailed design, implementation and testing of systems
- Understanding of client's Programme & Project Delivery processes
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computers in technical applications
- Experience working within a strict quality management system
If you have proven experience in the delivery of technology engineering projects and this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, we want to hear from you - Apply Now!
Job ID: 191845
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time