External Job Description
Siemens Mobility has an exciting opportunity for a Maintainability Engineer to be involved in the Thameslink Rolling Stock Project (Desiro City) fleet. The Maintainability Engineer will play a key role in managing the maintenance strategy, finding and developing improvements and optimising maintenance to maximise safety and efficiency on our state-of-the-art platform.
The successful candidate will have experience across a broad range of rolling stock engineering mechanical and electrical topics and be able to apply knowledge and judgement to best inform our mid and long-term strategy. You will have strong communication skills and some knowledge and experience of project management techniques.
We would consider candidates based out of either the Three Bridges Depot in Crawley or Hornsey Depot in North London.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Understand the contractual performance obligations for the trains and develop the maintainability strategy required to safely exceed these objectives
- Exploit digital opportunities offered by the remote diagnostics system to refine and develop maintenance strategy
- Apply Reliability Centred Maintenance and Condition Based Maintenance approaches to optimise maintenance activities
- Work closely with the wider engineering team and the Technical Manager to:
- Identify and eliminate maintainability risks to performance and to develop best in class maintenance processes and maintainability capability, throughout the whole product lifecycle;
- Ensure that the maintenance tasks proposed on the Vehicle Maintenance Manual can be completed safely and efficiently;
- Maintain and develop the Risk Analysis Model to manage maintenance related risk and competence of technicians across the fleet;
- Review the prediction and modelling of the maintainability aspects of complex mechanical, electrical and electronic systems provided by the design team and OEMs.
- Perform analysis of components, sub-systems and assets including:
- Asset utilisation;
- Overall equipment effectiveness compared to the FIT rate;
- Remaining useful life;
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs maintenance.
- Assist with FMEA, maintenance support and test equipment specification, parts/spares detailing, maintenance reporting systems and maintenance cost calculations
- Monitor industry practices to identify process, maintenance and material changes that will improve rolling stock performance
- Actively manage Safety Related Defects and National Incident Reports which are relevant to the Desiro City platform
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Engineering and technical support experience on mechanical or electrical systems on rolling stock with an appreciation for both
- Engineering degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- In-depth knowledge of rolling stock maintenance techniques and procedures
- Experience working with train control systems, diagnostic systems and algorithms used in preventative maintenance
- Capability in maintainability analyses (predictions and modelling)
- Good communication skills written & oral
- Team leadership skills and an interest in developing others
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
Closing date: 17/12/2019
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 191880
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time