As a Siemens Healthineers company, NEO New Oncology GmbH is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering products for molecular tumor profiling to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy. Within NEO, we make a difference in the lives of people in need of cancer diagnostics to support therapy optimization and improved outcomes.
NEOdb is the customer facing, microservice oriented application of the NEO product suite enabling molecular biologists, pathologists and medical scientists to interpret and analyze complex genomic information by displaying enriched editable and navigable data. Its web-based frontend is designed and implemented in AngularJS and is built by a modern infrastructure. NEO continuously optimizes its usability towards perfect user experience.
Then come and immerge into the development process of a medical software with all its technical, regulatory, customer-focused and economic aspects as
Frontend and UX Developer
(m/w/d) in Cologne
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- As a frontend developer you participate in the design and implement the style and frontend functionality of NEOdb.
- You enhance the user experience and usability of our application.
- You collaborate with software architects, developers, validation specialists and bioinformaticians as well as with IT infrastructure specialists.
- Ensuring a consistent technical documentation you will work in a regulated environment conforming to mandatory standards like IEC 62304, IEC 62366 and ISO 13485.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at www.newoncology.de
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have expert knowledge in markup technologies like HTML and CSS.
- You have experience in UI/UX design and a profound understanding of user interface usability.
- You have substantial experience in frontend infrastructure build and testing technologies like Node.js, gulp and Karma.
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery platforms like Jenkins is a plus, as are skills of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash) and UNIX like operating systems.
- You are familiar to the SCRUM framework and application lifecycle management systems.
Your attributes and skills:
- As a true team player you have excellent communication skills.
- You are business focused, pragmatic and have a well-structured way of thinking and working.
- A problem-solving ability and attitude is combined with your self-organized and independent working attitude.
- You are fluent in English, written and verbal.
- A plus will be a high level of German, written and verbal.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at www.healthcare.siemens.de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Applications from individuals with disabilities
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
To all recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 191894
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: NEO New Oncology GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time