Manager, Production Control
The Production Control Manager has the responsibility to schedule, coordinate and prioritize the production of parts, sub-assemblies, and motors meet scheduled date requirements and achieve the highest possible customer delivery reliability
The Production Control team plays a critical role ensuring the successful execution of customer orders and deliver a quality product on time.
The ideal candidate will apply SPS (Lean) and other continuous improvement processes to accomplish the following:
Establish and follow to the greatest extent possible a standardized work approach to Production Control processes
- Utilize the appropriate tools and methods for determining departmental capacity and staffing requirements to meet customer demands
- Understand and effectively address all non-conformances in process or execution for the department
- Ensure an effective training program is defined and in place for all Production Control department members
· The Production Control team is a part of the Materials Management team and will report directly to the Materials Manager
The Production Control team plays the key role in the planning, coordination and execution of the production orders necessary to manufacture and deliver our products to the customer. As such the Production Control Manager will be required to demonstrate and coach the team in effective communication, and when necessary, appropriate escalation of issues related to order execution or non-conformances.
The Production Control Manager will act as champion for safe work methods and in full compliance with the established Integrated Management System (Safety, Quality, Environmental programs)
The Production Control Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling of production requirements to balance load while maintaining on-time delivery.
- Communicate production schedule status and production issues that could have an adverse effect on completion dates.
- Communicate and manage the coordination of material movement within the facility to maintain production schedule and flow of material through the factory.
- Supervise team members in their assigned job duties.
- Ensure team members are trained properly for their job role.
- Conduct production meetings and communicate order status as required to stakeholders
- Report metrics as required such as schedule adherence, schedule attainment and synchronization of sub components.
- Provide input for process, method, and reporting for Routings, capacity planning, scheduling and sequencing, and S&OP activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (technical or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years related experience
- SAP and Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Successful previous utilization of Lean Manufacturing concepts
motor knowledge or related experience
Job ID: 191939
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.